Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Rome Day 2 - Evening

 We took the metro rather than walking to get to the Colosseum. I don't think we saved much time but it saved our feet a bit. The metro isn't as well laid out / convenient as it is in some cities but it can save some time. We saw the inside of the Colosseum after only a 5 minute wait since we prebooked our entry for 6pm. Tina really liked the inside, but I felt that I liked the outside more. Nevertheless it was neat to see inside and since we didn't opt for anything fancy with the basic ticket the fee was pretty low since the kids get in free. Hard to imagine 50,000 cheering Romans.









Afterwards we ate at a place we found nearby. It was alright food with reasonable prices. The prosciutto here is better than what I usually buy at home, but I also don't spend much at home for it. I think I liked the Jamon Iberico (specific kind of Spanish ham) the best so far though. I'll have to see if they have that at home for less than an arm and a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment