Saturday, July 23, 2022

Italian Riviera - Day 2 - Ruins of Barbazzano

 I had read that there were a few ruins of forgotten villages higher in the hills above Tellaro and Lerici, so I did some digging and found a path network that started not too far from our hotel. Pieter and I went there while Tina and Scarlett rested in the room. The main set of ruins that we went to, from the village of Barbazzano, were abandoned about 500 years ago. Many of the steps along the way were part of the transport network in use at least 1,100 years ago. 

The path:










Some ruins, largest building was a former church of San Giorgio








By the time we got back to the hotel an hour and a half later we were literally dripping. The sweat made it like like we had peed our shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment