Today was a very early morning. We hired a driver/guide to pick us up at 7:15 at the port gates. He and his driver drove us in a Mercedes to Ephesus. If I thought Pompeii was fantastic, Ephesus was even more so!
View from our balcony
Ephesus
Toilets for men only. In the winter, rich men would send a servant to warm up the marble seat for them.
Library from a distance
Inside the Terrace Houses which were luxury homes for the rich. They had running water and heated floors.
The painted walls were gorgeous and original.
The Library
Inside the Library
The Theatre from the inside. It seats 25, 000!!
From the outside. You have to go some distance in order to get it all in.
Kusadasi was beautiful. I didn't know what to expect but it was quite modern and clean. Our guide, Erol, was fantastic and he spoke great English. We had a great morning!!
Pieter and I had a nap and then Jason, Scarlett and I went to afternoon tea.























No comments:
Post a Comment